Wednesday, October 16, 2013

It's About Time

Response to Lick and Lather by Janine Antoni:

Janine Antoni is an intriguing artist who looks at life in a unique way that I would never have. In the video and article, they explained some of the pieces that she has created, including "Lick and Lather." This is a piece that displays a series of busts that Antoni carved out of soap and chocolate and transformed by licking the chocolate and bathing herself with the soap. I am inspired by the thought and insight that was put into the concept of Antoni's project. Although I did not have a personal connection or any revelation when creating my own soap piece, I hope as the semester progresses I will be able to include more personal insights in each of my future projects. 


In Process Pictures:




Finished Product:





Time Base Process:

1. I began by burning my first sculpture. 

2. Then I inserted popcorn kernels in its side and head, hoping that they would pop in the microwave.


3. But it didn't go exactly as planned...



4. After microwaving him, I melted the pieces together. 





5. I then punctured holes in it with a drill bit and using needle and thread I ran string through the piece.





6. I then melted a candle over it.


7. I melted a base to the bottom using some left over soap.






8. I punctured holes throughout the base using a drill bit.


9. Finally, I added more candle wax and trimmed the edges with my carving tools.







Drawings:


No comments:

Post a Comment